Round-the-clock caregiving for an aging family member can be overwhelming.
It may be time to contact an Aging Life Care Manager® if:
- You don’t live close to the person in need of care.
- The person you are caring for has limited support from family or friends.
- You need direction about available services or assisted living facilities for someone you recently started helping.
- The person you are caring for has multiple medical or psychological issues, or developmental disabilities.
- Your family needs education and/or direction in dealing with behaviors associated with Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s disease, or other dementias.
- The person you are caring for is unable to live safely in their current environment and/or they refuse help when it is clear they need it.
- Your family is “burned out” or confused about caring for aging parents.
- You want to learn how to protect a loved one against elder abuse.
- You have limited time and/or expertise in dealing with the chronic care needs of the person you care for.
- Your family is at odds regarding care decisions.
- The person you are caring for is not pleased with current care providers and requires advocacy.
- The person you are caring for is confused about their financial or legal situation.
Benefits of Using an Aging Life Care Manager
Windward Life Care’s Aging Life Care Managers improve the lives of their clients by providing:
- Personalized and compassionate service, focusing on the individual’s wants, needs, and strengths.
- Accessibility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Continuity of care by coordinating communications between the client’s family and friends; doctors and other professionals; and service providers.
- Cost containment by helping clients avoid inappropriate placements, duplication of services, and unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Peace of mind that a trusted guide and advocate is there to help as things change over time.
- Quality control by following ALCA’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
Thank you to the Aging Life Care Association® for permission to share this information. You may learn more about Aging Life Care™ at aginglifecare.org
“I have recommended Windward Life Care to several of my friends. I most appreciate the flexible approach to care management. When I am in a place of stability with my mom’s needs, I know you are in the background, just a phone call, e-mail, or text away. That is exactly what I was looking for when I began searching for a support system.” – L.L.