Proud to have been nominated as a top ten finalist in this year’s “San Diego’s Best” Union-Tribune readers poll, we’d like to share ten things that you might not know about Elder Care Guides, and why we are deserving of your vote as the top In-Home Eldercare Services provider in San Diego County:
1) Independently-owned: We are an independent, locally-owned company, which affords us the freedom to be flexible, creative, and keep our clients at the center of our business at all times.
2) Interdisciplinary team: Our professional team represents a variety of disciplines, including social work, nursing, gerontology, recreation therapy, and counseling. Our collaborative approach to geriatric care management means that each of our clients benefits from the experience, training, and perspective of this well-rounded team.
3) Access to the top professional caregivers: We have a staff of experienced and vetted professional caregiver employees, and are also able to partner with some of the top home care agencies in San Diego as needed in order to find the perfect match of skills, experience, and personality for each of our clients.
4) Leadership: Each member of our clinical team is an actively involved member of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers (NAPGCM). Our President is a Fellow of the association, our Vice President of Client Services is on the association’s Board of Directors, and our Vice President of Clinical Services is the chair of NAPGCM’s local unit. We are committed to promoting high standards and ethics for professional care managers across the country.
5) Certification: All of our care managers are either certified, or are certification-eligible and actively working toward the completion of their certificate under the supervision of Susan Valoff, LCSW, our Vice President of Clinical Services. Although certification is voluntary, Elder Care Guides covers the cost of certification for our staff, and believes that there is value for our clients and their families in the ongoing supervision and education that certification requires.
6) On-call system: Our clinical team is available 24-hours per day, 365 days per year, to respond and assist our clients and their families in the event of an emergency. We handle our after-hours on-call system internally, meaning that day or night, when families reach out to Elder Care Guides for assistance, they will reach a professional who is familiar with their individual situation, and ready to respond.
7) Service areas: Elder Care Guides provides comprehensive assessment, care planning, and care management services not only to older adults with physical and cognitive disabilities, but also has the expertise to work with adults with serious mental illness and developmental disabilities. We have been providing care management services to families throughout San Diego County since 2004.
8) CAHSAH certification: Elder Care Guides is a certified home care provider through the California Association of Health Services at Home (CAHSAH), a voluntary certification that demonstrates our commitment to sound business practices that protect the safety and welfare of our clients.
9) BBB accreditation: Accredited members of the Better Business Bureau since 2008, we are proud of our A+ rating.
10) Company culture: For the members of our team, Elder Care Guides is more than a place of employment. It’s an opportunity to grow, learn, and be of service while working alongside some of the best professionals in the field. We are dedicated to a company culture that emphasizes professionalism, autonomy, collaboration, and full employee engagement.
The voting process is simple. CLICK HERE to visit the “Healthy Living” categories of the poll, and go to “In-Home Eldercare Services,” where you will find us listed. You’ll need to register on the website (it only takes a moment) the first time you vote. You can vote daily between now and July 7th, and to place future votes you need only log on with your email address and password. We appreciate your support, and welcome you to tell friends, family, and colleagues about the contest as well.
If we may answer any further questions about our company or the services that we provide, please feel free to leave them in the “Comments” section below, and we’ll be glad to provide further information.