Sarah LorentzUC San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy
Sarah Lorentz, Pharm.D. is the Director of Medication Therapy Management (MTM) for Partners in Medication Therapy (PMT), an innovative health care venture of the UC San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Dr. Lorentz’s fellowship training at the UC San Diego Medical Center focused on ambulatory care practice with research related to hypertension and anticoagulation. In addition, Dr. Lorentz served as a pharmacy consultant at St. Vincent de Paul Village Family Health Center, where she initiated an MTM and anticoagulation clinic, while providing care to underserved and homeless patients. She has extensive experience providing patient care services and precepting pharmacy students and residents.
Dr. Lorentz maintains a strong interest in ambulatory care practice and expanding the role of pharmacists in providing MTM services and is excited to serve Windward Life Care clients with the specialized medication management expertise colleagues at the Skaggs School of Pharmacy.
PMT MTM services will help clients and caregivers:
- Navigate the complex pharmacy system with the help of a Pharmacy Coach to answer common medication or pharmacy related questions
- Optimize the use of client’s medications to achieve safe, effective and most cost-effective results; including a Personal Medication Record and Medication Action Plan
PMT MTM services are useful for clients who have:
- High prescription drug costs
- New or multiple diagnoses or conditions
- Been recently discharged from a hospital
- Changed their medications within the past 2-3 months
- More than one doctor who prescribes their medications
- More than one pharmacy that fills their prescriptions
- Medications that require laboratory monitoring
- Multiple medications, including prescriptions, over-the-counter, and/or supplements