Are you motivated by the opportunity to do meaningful work? Are you a strategic thinker who can remain focused, professional, and friendly while managing on-call crisis situations?
Windward Life Care is currently seeking a part-time On-Call Staffing Coordinator to join our team on the weekends! We are a team of trusted Aging Life Care Professionals™ with a premier reputation in our field. Our mission is to improve the lives of older and disabled adults in San Diego County by fostering a lifelong sense of purpose. Full-time employees enjoy competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid professional development opportunities, paid time off, and the chance to be part of a culture that values collaboration, innovation, and professionalism.
Apply today by submitting a résumé and brief cover letter. Please, no phone calls. We look forward to hearing from you!
The On-Call Staffing Coordinator (OCSC) serves as the first point of contact for the Company’s urgent after-hours concerns, including calls from employees, current and potential clients, and referral sources. The OCSC will be responsible for in-the-moment management of Home Care Aide staffing call-offs and and other employee-related emergencies, and partnering with the On-Call Care Manager to facilitate problem solving of client-related concerns. The OCSC also works with the other members of the Staffing team to schedule our approximately 150 Home Care Aides on an ongoing basis. This includes matching the skills and availability of our Aides with client needs, using staffing software to make sure all shifts are filled, managing call-offs, answering daily communications from Home Care Aides and Care Managers, and verifying hours worked. Desired work hours are Fridays at 9:00am through Mondays at 9:00am, with one scheduled weekend off per month. Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm hours will be worked from the Company office; additional hours will be worked remotely and on an “on-call” basis. Some schedule flexibility is possible for the right person, so don’t let that stop you from applying!
Position Requirements Include:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with “on-call” and/or crisis management work in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 1 year of staffing, human resources, or administrative experience in a health care setting and/or a setting involving hourly employees
- Ability to successfully problem solve, remain calm and focused, multitask, and maintain a sense of urgency in a crisis management environment
- Ability to be detail-oriented when dealing with a large volume of incoming information
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage the stress associated with working in a crisis management environment
- Demonstration of strategic, organizational, analytical, communication, and judgment skills
- Ability to coordinate effectively with teammates
- Strong proficiency in computer use, including Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, HRIS database systems, and the Internet – experience with ClearCare software is a plus
- Ability to pass Home Care Services Bureau (HCSB) background screening
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree is a plus
Apply today by submitting a résumé and brief cover letter. Please, no phone calls. We look forward to hearing from you! You can view the full On-Call Staffing Coordinator job description by clicking here.