Windward Life Care is growing and we need caring people to grow with us! Our clients thrive when every member of the Windward team shares their unique skills and perspective. It’s a place to grow and be of service while learning from some of the best professionals in the field.
Start the Conversation!
Interested in a Home Care Aide position?
Interested in an office position?
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist with bathing, dressing, and grooming of client on a routine basis.
- Assist with toileting and incontinence issues of client as needed.
- Provide stabilization and assistance with walking as needed, including transferring client to bed, chairs, wheelchair, etc., as required.
- Manage dementia and Alzheimer’s related behaviors, (i.e., wandering, paranoia) as required.
- Prepare meals and clean-up meal-related items.
- Provide medication reminders and appointment reminders.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, making beds, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, and laundry.
- Accompany client to personal and medical appointments.
- One year of in-home care experience with elderly individual; or equivalent experience and education in a CNA program.
- Must include experience with activities of daily living (ADLs), including incontinence care.
- Experience working with client(s) with dementia
– Bathing, dressing & feeding a person with dementia.
– Experience managing difficult behaviors.
– Experience with activity engagement
- Ability to pass background check.
- Must possess your own reliable, safe, fully-insured vehicle along with a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance. Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations is also required, and providing incidental transportation using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle may also be required.
- Able to perform activities of daily living (ADLs) (i.e. grooming, toileting, bathing)
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to follow safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to work at least one weekend day per week.
Windward Life Care believes our employees are fundamental to our success, and we are happy to provide a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits:
- Health and Dental benefits (if employee works 30 hours/week or more)
- Tuition reimbursement for healthcare related classes and programs (as approved)
- Ongoing training and coaching by a professional Care Manager
- Flexible staffing arrangements
- Bonus opportunities and appreciation events
Windward Life Care is seeking a full-time Nurse Care Manager to help our clients live safely at home. You will enjoy work-at-home opportunities, competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401(k), paid time off, paid professional development opportunities, and the chance to be part of a culture that values collaboration, innovation, and professionalism.
We are proud to be a San Diego Union-Tribune Top Workplaces award winner for 2019 and 2020, and to support work/life balance as a high priority for our team members.
Windward Life Care and Home Health is a group of trusted Aging Life Care ® and in-home care professionals with a premier reputation in our field. We offer geriatric care management services, non-medical home care services, and RN/LVN home health services to clients who are billed on a private-pay basis. Our mission is to improve the lives of older and disabled adults in San Diego County by fostering a lifelong sense of purpose and maximizing independence.
The Nurse Care Manager (NCM) performs care management services for Windward’s clients, particularly clients with complex medical needs benefiting from medically-informed expertise and oversight. This position will also have limited responsibilities in Windward’s home health division.
- Assessments: Performs client assessments, including interviewing clients and families about current care situation, identifying client risks and strengths, and assessing concerns of abuse and/or neglect
- Care Planning: Develops comprehensive care plans to address client needs and goals, including making recommendations about care level, presenting care scenarios and associated costs, and identifying appropriate community resources
- Care Management: Oversees and assures quality of services provided to the client, including managing care coordination and communicating plan of care to other care team members including non-medical Home Care Aides, conducting home visits, and attending client medical appointments
- Infection Control: Assists RN Clinical Services Manager in implementing infection control protocols, including coordinating care for medically complex clients, coordinating PPE training and setups, and monitoring staff compliance
- Home Health: Completes skilled nursing visits including medication management, injections, ostomy and catheter care, g-tube feedings and other nursing procedures
- On-Call Coverage: Participates in a rotating after-hours clinical on-call system
The majority of the work hours for this position are expected to take place 8:30AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
Position requirements include:
- Active California Registered Nurse (RN)
- 3+ years of paid clinical nursing experience with adults who are older and/or have physical and/or mental disabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of the provision of physical and mental health care in a variety of settings
- Working knowledge of care resources, insurance and care delivery systems in San Diego County
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout San Diego County during work hours as dictated by position needs, including visiting our San Diego and San Marcos office locations
- Moderate+ technology proficiency, including use of smartphone and web-based office systems such as Google G Suite
- Ability to work independently, organize travel efficiently, manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and report mileage, expenses, and billable hours accurately
- Active driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable vehicle
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to pass a drug screening and health assessment
- Ability to pass a Home Care Services Bureau (HCSB) background screen and TB test
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing preferred (BSN)
Windward Life Care believes the contributions of employees with differing backgrounds and lived experiences are essential in creating a thriving workplace. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender expression and identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, and veteran status.
Apply today by submitting a résumé, your desired salary range, and a few words about why this position is a great fit for you to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls about this posting. To view the full job description, click here.