Windward Life Care is growing and we need caring people to grow with us! Our clients thrive when every member of the Windward team shares their unique skills and perspective. It’s a place to grow and be of service while learning from some of the best professionals in the field.
Start the Conversation!
Interested in a Home Care Aide position?
Interested in an office position?
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist with bathing, dressing, and grooming of client on a routine basis.
- Assist with toileting and incontinence issues of client as needed.
- Provide stabilization and assistance with walking as needed, including transferring client to bed, chairs, wheelchair, etc., as required.
- Manage dementia and Alzheimer’s related behaviors, (i.e., wandering, paranoia) as required.
- Prepare meals and clean-up meal-related items.
- Provide medication reminders and appointment reminders.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, making beds, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, and laundry.
- Accompany client to personal and medical appointments.
- One year of in-home care experience with elderly individual; or equivalent experience and education in a CNA program.
- Must include experience with activities of daily living (ADLs), including incontinence care.
- Experience working with client(s) with dementia
– Bathing, dressing & feeding a person with dementia.
– Experience managing difficult behaviors.
– Experience with activity engagement
- Ability to pass background check.
- Must possess your own reliable, safe, fully-insured vehicle along with a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance. Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations is also required, and providing incidental transportation using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle may also be required.
- Able to perform activities of daily living (ADLs) (i.e. grooming, toileting, bathing)
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to follow safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to work at least one weekend day per week.
Windward Life Care believes our employees are fundamental to our success, and we are happy to provide a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits:
- Health and Dental benefits (if employee works 30 hours/week or more)
- Tuition reimbursement for healthcare related classes and programs (as approved)
- Ongoing training and coaching by a professional Care Manager
- Flexible staffing arrangements
- Bonus opportunities and appreciation events
Are you motivated by the opportunity to have a personalized impact on the lives of aging adults in a home setting? Would you value working for a local, well-established company in a small-team environment that supports a great work-life balance? Windward is proud to be an award winning San Diego Union-Tribune 2019 Top Workplace.
Windward Home Health is currently seeking a FULL TIME (30 Hours/Week) Nursing Supervisor to join our team! This position is Monday through Friday, with hours from 9AM-3PM. Some flexibility in the working hours may be available.
Overseeing patient care operations and supervising assigned personnel
Providing assessments and hands-on patient care in home settings
Actively engaged in Performance Improvement activities, including creating new agency policies and procedures
Participation in a rotating after-hours On-Call system
Windward offers home health services to clients which are billed on a private-pay basis. Our mission is to improve the lives of older and disabled adults in San Diego County by fostering a lifelong sense of purpose and maximizing independence. Full-time employees enjoy competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid professional development opportunities, paid time off, and the chance to be part of a culture that values collaboration, innovation, and professionalism.
Position requirements include:
Active California Registered Nursing license
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing preferred
Minimum of two years of paid clinical nursing experience within the last five years, ideally in home health or with adults who are older and/or have disabilities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
Possess knowledge of home health care regulations and procedures preferred
Ability and willingness to travel throughout San Diego County during work hours as dictated by position needs, including visiting our San Diego and San Marcos office locations
Proficiency in the use of: PC and/or laptop computers, smartphone, and MS Office Suite
Ability to work independently, organize travel efficiently, manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and report mileage, expenses, and billable hours accurately
Active driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable vehicle
Ability to pass a background screening, TB testing, drug testing, and health assessment