Windward Life Care is growing and we need caring people to grow with us! Our clients thrive when every member of the Windward team shares their unique skills and perspective. It’s a place to grow and be of service while learning from some of the best professionals in the field.
Start the Conversation!
Interested in a Home Care Aide position?
Interested in an office position?
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist with bathing, dressing, and grooming of client on a routine basis.
- Assist with toileting and incontinence issues of client as needed.
- Provide stabilization and assistance with walking as needed, including transferring client to bed, chairs, wheelchair, etc., as required.
- Manage dementia and Alzheimer’s related behaviors, (i.e., wandering, paranoia) as required.
- Prepare meals and clean-up meal-related items.
- Provide medication reminders and appointment reminders.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, making beds, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, and laundry.
- Accompany client to personal and medical appointments.
- One year of in-home care experience with elderly individual; or equivalent experience and education in a CNA program.
- Must include experience with activities of daily living (ADLs), including incontinence care.
- Experience working with client(s) with dementia
– Bathing, dressing & feeding a person with dementia.
– Experience managing difficult behaviors.
– Experience with activity engagement
- Ability to pass background check.
- Must possess your own reliable, safe, fully-insured vehicle along with a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance. Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations is also required, and providing incidental transportation using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle may also be required.
- Able to perform activities of daily living (ADLs) (i.e. grooming, toileting, bathing)
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to follow safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to work at least one weekend day per week.
Windward Life Care believes our employees are fundamental to our success, and we are happy to provide a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits:
- Health and Dental benefits (if employee works 30 hours/week or more)
- Tuition reimbursement for healthcare related classes and programs (as approved)
- Ongoing training and coaching by a professional Care Manager
- Flexible staffing arrangements
- Bonus opportunities and appreciation events
Do you have experience in home care staffing? Are you someone who can react quickly to urgent on-call crisis situations, while remaining friendly and professional?
Windward Life Care is currently seeking a part-time On-Call Staffing Coordinator to join our team! This position offers paid time off, additional pay for holidays worked, paid professional development opportunities, and the chance to be part a culture that values collaboration, innovation, and professionalism.
The On-Call Staffing Coordinator (OCSC) serves as the first point of contact for Windward’s urgent after-hours concerns, including calls from employees, current and potential clients, and referral sources. The OCSC will be responsible for:
- Managing Home Care Aide staffing call-offs and other employee-related emergencies
- Partnering with the On-Call Care Manager to facilitate problem solving of client-related concerns
- On Fridays, the OCSC will work with the other members of the Staffing team to schedule WLC’s Home Care Aides on an ongoing basis
Desired work hours are Fridays at 9:00am through Mondays at 9:00am, with one scheduled weekend off per month. Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm hours will be worked from the Company office in the Bankers Hill neighborhood of San Diego; additional hours will be worked remotely and on an “on-call” basis. Some schedule flexibility is possible for the right person, so don’t let that stop you from applying!
Position Requirements Include:
- Minimum of 1 year of staffing experience with “on-call” and/or crisis management work in a busy, fast-paced environment required
- Ability to successfully problem solve, remain calm and focused, multitask, and maintain a sense of urgency in a crisis management environment
- Ability to be detail-oriented when dealing with a large volume of incoming information
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage the stress associated with working in a crisis management environment
- Demonstration of strategic, organizational, analytical, communication, and judgment skills
- Ability to coordinate effectively with teammates
- Strong proficiency in computer use, including Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, HRIS database systems, and the Internet – experience with ClearCare software is a plus
- Ability to pass Home Care Services Bureau (HCSB) background screening
Apply today by submitting a résumé and a brief message describing why this position is a great fit for you to [email protected]. Please, no phone calls about this posting. To view the full On-Call Staffing Coordinator job description, please click here.