Windward Life Care is growing and we need caring people to grow with us! Our clients thrive when every member of the Windward team shares their unique skills and perspective. It’s a place to grow and be of service while learning from some of the best professionals in the field.
Start the Conversation!
Interested in a Home Care Aide position?
Interested in an office position?
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist with bathing, dressing, and grooming of client on a routine basis.
- Assist with toileting and incontinence issues of client as needed.
- Provide stabilization and assistance with walking as needed, including transferring client to bed, chairs, wheelchair, etc., as required.
- Manage dementia and Alzheimer’s related behaviors, (i.e., wandering, paranoia) as required.
- Prepare meals and clean-up meal-related items.
- Provide medication reminders and appointment reminders.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, making beds, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, and laundry.
- Accompany client to personal and medical appointments.
- One year of in-home care experience with elderly individual; or equivalent experience and education in a CNA program.
- Must include experience with activities of daily living (ADLs), including incontinence care.
- Experience working with client(s) with dementia
– Bathing, dressing & feeding a person with dementia.
– Experience managing difficult behaviors.
– Experience with activity engagement
- Ability to pass background check.
- Must possess your own reliable, safe, fully-insured vehicle along with a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance. Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations is also required, and providing incidental transportation using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle may also be required.
- Able to perform activities of daily living (ADLs) (i.e. grooming, toileting, bathing)
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to follow safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to work at least one weekend day per week.
Windward Life Care believes our employees are fundamental to our success, and we are happy to provide a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits:
- Health and Dental benefits (if employee works 30 hours/week or more)
- Tuition reimbursement for healthcare related classes and programs (as approved)
- Ongoing training and coaching by a professional Care Manager
- Flexible staffing arrangements
- Bonus opportunities and appreciation events
Are you motivated by the opportunity to do meaningful work? Are you a strategic thinker who can stay focused, professional, and friendly while performing crisis management?
Windward Life Care is currently seeking a full-time Staffing Coordinator to join our team! We are a team of trusted Aging Life Care Professionals™ with a premier reputation in our field. Our mission is to improve the lives of older and disabled adults in San Diego County by fostering a lifelong sense of purpose. Full-time employees enjoy competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid professional development opportunities, paid time off, and the chance to be part of a culture that values collaboration, innovation, and professionalism.
The Staffing Coordinator works with the other members of the Staffing team to schedule our 150 Home Care Aides (HCAs) on an ongoing basis. This includes matching the skills and availability of our HCAs with client needs, using staffing software to make sure all shifts are filled, managing call-offs, answering daily communications from HCAs and Care Managers, and verifying hours worked. In the event normal Home Care Aide coverage cannot immediately and appropriately be scheduled, the Staffing Coordinator may also travel to client homes to perform direct client care services until a regular HCA can be scheduled. The regular hours for this position are full-time, Monday through Friday, with the option of one of three regular schedules:
On-call, after-hours staffing support is also needed on a rotating basis.
Position Requirements Include:
- Minimum of 1 year of staffing, human resources, or administrative experience in a health care setting and/or a setting involving hourly employees. Minimum of 1 year of staffing or scheduling experience in the home care field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year caregiving/Home Care Aide or other direct-care experience
- Ability to successfully problem solve, remain calm and focused, multitask, and maintain a sense of urgency in a crisis management environment
- Ability to be detail-oriented when dealing with a large volume of incoming information
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to coordinate effectively with teammates
- Strong proficiency in computer use, including Microsoft Office applications and Google Drive – experience with ClearCare software is a plus
- Ability to pass Home Care Services Bureau (HCSB) background screening
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree is a plus
Apply today by submitting a résumé, a few words about why you feel this position is a great fit for you, and your desired salary range to [email protected]. Please, no phone calls about this posting. To view the full job description for this post, please click here.