Windward Life Care is growing and we need caring people to grow with us! Our clients thrive when every member of the Windward team shares their unique skills and perspective. It’s a place to grow and be of service while learning from some of the best professionals in the field.
Start the Conversation!
Interested in a Home Care Aide position?
Interested in an office position?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to do meaningful work? Would you value working for a local, well-established company in a small-team environment?
Windward Life Care is currently seeking a full-time Director of Business Development to join our team! You will enjoy competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401(k), paid time off, paid professional development opportunities, and the chance to be part of a culture that values collaboration, innovation, and professionalism.
We are proud to be a San Diego Union-Tribune Top Workplaces award winner for 2019, 2020, and now 2021!
A business development position with responsibility for planning and implementing company sales strategy and meeting monthly sales targets through varied sales activities. Supervises a team of sales professionals; develops and maintains relationships with professional referral sources; engages in public speaking activities; and analyzes department activity based on sales reports. Cultivates strategic partnerships with individuals and organizations in the local aging services community. The Director of Business Development works closely with leadership on sales, business development and marketing activities.
Work Schedule: Work hours for this position take place 8:30am-5pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional work on evenings and weekends is required. This is a full-time exempt position. Opportunity to work remotely with visits to our corporate offices in San Diego and San Marcos as needed!
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience include:
- Outside sales experience establishing referral relationships with professionals in the health care, social services, financial and legal fields
- Experience developing and executing sales strategy to reach sales goals
- Proven ability to use needs-based sales techniques (e.g. SPIN Selling®), to convert leads into new business and meet sales targets
- Expertise in brand management, including in the development and use of printed collateral, websites, and social media to support and expand the brand
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a small business setting with a team approach
- Proficiency in the use of laptop computers, smart phone, Microsoft Office Suite, and CRM databases
- Ability to work independently, organize travel efficiently, manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and report mileage, expenses, and billable hours accurately
- Active driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable vehicle required
- B.A. in Business Administration, Marketing, or another related field
- Working knowledge of the provision of health care in a variety of settings
- Experience in working directly with the elderly or disabled populations in a social service or health care environment
- Knowledge of San Diego County community resources for aging and/or disabled persons, and/or health care delivery systems
- Experience with home health software platforms (such as ClearCare)
Windward Life Care is a group of trusted Aging Life Care ® and in-home care professionals with a premier reputation in our field. We offer geriatric care management services, non-medical home care services, and RN home health services to clients who are billed on a private-pay basis. Our mission is to improve the lives of older and disabled adults in San Diego County by fostering a lifelong sense of purpose and maximizing independence.
Windward Life Care believes the contributions of employees with differing backgrounds and lived experiences are essential in creating a thriving workplace. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender expression and identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, and veteran status.
Apply today by submitting your resume to email@example.com! Please, no phone calls about this posting.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist with bathing, dressing, and grooming of client on a routine basis.
- Assist with toileting and incontinence issues of client as needed.
- Provide stabilization and assistance with walking as needed, including transferring client to bed, chairs, wheelchair, etc., as required.
- Manage dementia and Alzheimer’s related behaviors, (i.e., wandering, paranoia) as required.
- Prepare meals and clean-up meal-related items.
- Provide medication reminders and appointment reminders.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, making beds, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, and laundry.
- Accompany client to personal and medical appointments.
- One year of in-home care experience with elderly individual; or equivalent experience and education in a CNA program.
- Must include experience with activities of daily living (ADLs), including incontinence care.
- Experience working with client(s) with dementia
– Bathing, dressing & feeding a person with dementia.
– Experience managing difficult behaviors.
– Experience with activity engagement
- Ability to pass background check.
- Must possess your own reliable, safe, fully-insured vehicle along with a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance. Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations is also required, and providing incidental transportation using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle may also be required.
- Able to perform activities of daily living (ADLs) (i.e. grooming, toileting, bathing)
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to follow safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to work at least one weekend day per week.
Windward Life Care believes our employees are fundamental to our success, and we are happy to provide a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits:
- Health and Dental benefits (if employee works 30 hours/week or more)
- Tuition reimbursement for healthcare related classes and programs (as approved)
- Ongoing training and coaching by a professional Care Manager
- Flexible staffing arrangements
- Bonus opportunities and appreciation events