Windward Life Care is growing and we need caring people to grow with us! Our clients thrive when every member of the Windward team shares their unique skills and perspective. It’s a place to grow and be of service while learning from some of the best professionals in the field.
Start the Conversation!
Interested in a Home Care Aide position?
Interested in an office position?
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist with bathing, dressing, and grooming of client on a routine basis.
- Assist with toileting and incontinence issues of client as needed.
- Provide stabilization and assistance with walking as needed, including transferring client to bed, chairs, wheelchair, etc., as required.
- Manage dementia and Alzheimer’s related behaviors, (i.e., wandering, paranoia) as required.
- Prepare meals and clean-up meal-related items.
- Provide medication reminders and appointment reminders.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, making beds, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, and laundry.
- Accompany client to personal and medical appointments.
- One year of in-home care experience with elderly individual; or equivalent experience and education in a CNA program.
- Must include experience with activities of daily living (ADLs), including incontinence care.
- Experience working with client(s) with dementia
– Bathing, dressing & feeding a person with dementia.
– Experience managing difficult behaviors.
– Experience with activity engagement
- Ability to pass background check.
- Must possess your own reliable, safe, fully-insured vehicle along with a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance. Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations is also required, and providing incidental transportation using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle may also be required.
- Able to perform activities of daily living (ADLs) (i.e. grooming, toileting, bathing)
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to follow safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to work at least one weekend day per week.
Windward Life Care believes our employees are fundamental to our success, and we are happy to provide a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits:
- Health and Dental benefits (if employee works 30 hours/week or more)
- Tuition reimbursement for healthcare related classes and programs (as approved)
- Ongoing training and coaching by a professional Care Manager
- Flexible staffing arrangements
- Bonus opportunities and appreciation events