Windward Life Care is growing and we need caring people to grow with us! Our clients thrive when every member of the Windward team shares their unique skills and perspective. It’s a place to grow and be of service while learning from some of the best professionals in the field.
Start the Conversation!
Interested in a Home Care Aide position?
Interested in an office position?
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist with bathing, dressing, and grooming of client on a routine basis.
- Assist with toileting and incontinence issues of client as needed.
- Provide stabilization and assistance with walking as needed, including transferring client to bed, chairs, wheelchair, etc., as required.
- Manage dementia and Alzheimer’s related behaviors, (i.e., wandering, paranoia) as required.
- Prepare meals and clean-up meal-related items.
- Provide medication reminders and appointment reminders.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, making beds, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, and laundry.
- Accompany client to personal and medical appointments.
- One year of in-home care experience with elderly individual; or equivalent experience and education in a CNA program.
- Must include experience with activities of daily living (ADLs), including incontinence care.
- Experience working with client(s) with dementia
– Bathing, dressing & feeding a person with dementia.
– Experience managing difficult behaviors.
– Experience with activity engagement
- Ability to pass background check.
- Must possess your own reliable, safe, fully-insured vehicle along with a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance. Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations is also required, and providing incidental transportation using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle may also be required.
- Able to perform activities of daily living (ADLs) (i.e. grooming, toileting, bathing)
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to follow safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to work at least one weekend day per week.
Windward Life Care believes our employees are fundamental to our success, and we are happy to provide a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits:
- Health and Dental benefits (if employee works 30 hours/week or more)
- Tuition reimbursement for healthcare related classes and programs (as approved)
- Ongoing training and coaching by a professional Care Manager
- Flexible staffing arrangements
- Bonus opportunities and appreciation events
Are you motivated by the opportunity to do meaningful work? Would you value working for a local, well-established company in a small-team environment that supports a great work-life balance?
Windward Life Care is currently seeking a full-time Director of Clinical Services to join our team! You will enjoy competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401(k), paid time off, paid professional development opportunities, and the chance to be part of a culture that values collaboration, innovation, and professionalism.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Director of Clinical Services (DCS) oversees the Clinical Department and ensures the quality and appropriateness of clinical services remain consistent with WLC’s mission.
- Providing clinical supervision for 8 internal clinical staff members
- Advising clinical team members regarding management of 100+ WLC Home Care Aides
- Creating and ensuring adherence to clinical policies and procedures
- Managing client satisfaction, including interfacing with clients and families, and providing guidance to clinical team members
- Responding to situations needing immediate intervention and providing guidance to clinical team members on emergency protocols and crisis management practices
Though occasional work will be required on evenings or weekends, the majority of the work hours for this position take place 8:30am-5pm, Monday through Friday. *Due to COVID-19 safety measures, this position will be primarily remote through the end of 2020 and ongoing as needed. Some in-office training time may be required as safety permits.*
Position requirements include:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (BSW) or Nursing (BSN), or comparable education in a related field.
- 8+ years of case management and/or clinical experience working with older adults, adults living with serious mental illness, and/or adults with developmental disabilities
- 2+ years of clinical supervisory experience, including employee performance coaching and using metrics to evaluate performance
- Experience conducting biopsychosocial assessments and creating plans of care
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Moderate+ technology proficiency, including use of smartphone and web-based office systems such as Google G Suite
- Active driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to pass Home Care Services Bureau (HCSB) background screen
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Knowledge of San Diego County community resources and health care delivery systems
- Training and credentials to provide clinical supervision for staff seeking LCSW licensure
- Experience with home health software platforms (such as ClearCare)
- Experience providing student supervision
Windward Life Care is a group of trusted Aging Life Care ® and in-home care professionals with a premier reputation in our field. We offer geriatric care management services, non-medical home care services, and RN home health services to clients who are billed on a private-pay basis. Our mission is to improve the lives of older and disabled adults in San Diego County by fostering a lifelong sense of purpose and maximizing independence.
Windward Life Care believes the contributions of employees with differing backgrounds and lived experiences are essential in creating a thriving workplace. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender expression and identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, and veteran status.
Apply today by submitting a résumé, your desired salary range, and a few words about why this position is a great fit for you to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls about this posting. To view the full job description, please click here.