At Windward Life Care, protecting your health is our first priority. We would like to share the C.A.R.E. platform that guides all of our care during the coronavirus pandemic:
Commitment to the health and safety of our clients and their families
Adopting best practices in infection control and prevention
Reliable care and support you can trust 24/7
Expertise that is second to none in the industry
We may live in different times, but our approach to client care hasn’t changed. Fostering client well-being and safety remains Windward Life Care’s greatest priority. Though no one was fully ready when the coronavirus pandemic hit, we were well positioned to quickly respond to new and often changing guidelines from the CDC and other government health officials.
Adopting best practices
Drawing on the expert input of our entire team, which includes certified Aging Life Care™ Managers, home health registered nurses, social workers, and Certified Dementia Practitioners, we have implemented special training and procedures that maximize the protection of everyone in our care, their families, and our staff. To protect client health, all Windward home care aides (HCAs), RNs and care managers:
- Wear face coverings (masks and shields) in client homes.
- Change their face coverings and clothes and properly launder used items.
- Undergo specialized training in infection prevention and control.
- Learn proper sanitization, handwashing, and PPE use.
- Carry personal health kits, including gloves, hand sanitizer, and face coverings.
- Regularly monitor their temperatures and overall health.
Extra steps we’re taking for our clients include:
- Maintaining supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Creating and delivering robust PPE kits for clients as the need arises.
- Monitoring staff and client symptoms closely.
- Staying up to date on CDC, OSHA, and state and county health official recommendations
- Implementing special procedures to protect client and staff safety upon discharge from a hospital or a congregate living arrangement.
Reliable care and support
With the changing course of the pandemic, many people feel overwhelmed. The Windward team is available 24/7 to help clients manage crises, cope with changes to familiar routines, and maintain quality of life. We are:
- Offering additional support for older and disabled adults who are vulnerable, wherever they call home.
- Arranging appropriate care for clients requiring medical intervention.
- Advocating for clients in outpatient, emergency room, and hospital settings, including after hours on weekends and holidays.
- Training and supporting family caregivers in their important role.
- Providing care management services via phone, video and, when safe, in-person visits, to manage our clients’ needs.
We know this is a confusing time for a lot of people. We are here for you. Trust the care management, home care, and skilled nursing experts who have served San Diego for more than 15 years and received a Top Workplaces distinction from The San Diego Union-Tribune in 2019 and 2020.
Please feel free to call us at 619-450-4300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our safety practices.